Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jigging Rod - Acid Wrap

A friend asked me to help to build him a rod and I said "fine, bring it on"... thinking that it was just another fly rod or bait casting rod. Shouldn't be a problem...

Got the rod blank and all of the components from my friend last week and I got a big surprise there.... it was a jigging rod !!!!!!!!! I suppose building a jigging rod is similar to building any other fishing rod. No fancy stuff , I told my friend... just spiral guide wrapping and epoxy..

I had to check a few jigging rods of the racks of a tackle shop to see the guide spacing , handles and grips and other measurement. And finally, I did the wrapping..

 





It's another spiral wrap to a jigging rod. But some call that Acid Wrap and I have no idea why it was called that, maybe because of the rod company's name... Acid Rod.

Next, epoxy.... a slow process. To get 3 to 4 layers of epoxy to the wrappings will take about 1 week to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment