Monday, May 30, 2011

Decals, fiberglass and bamboo

Quite alot of activities was "packed" for the weekends..

I tried to place a water transfer decal on the brown rod but it did not when as planned. I supposed to print out the decal, coat it a clear aerosol spray and then just transfer it on the rod. To make it unique, I wrapped a layer of metallic chrome thread under neath the decal. Sound pretty simple but didn't know it was the difficult.


From the top, it is the ok, but at the bottom, it look quite messy.

The next day, I still got time for another fiberglass.




The  wrapping was completed a day earlier and today it was epoxied.



Finally the rod is completed...


While the fiberglass rod was turning on the drying jig, I have got time to assemble the reel seat and cork grip on my bamboo fly rod blank.






No comments:

Post a Comment