Monday, May 16, 2011

Getting back to the translucent fly rod

Taking a break from bait casting rod building to complete one of the translucent fly rod that I have put aside for a couple of weeks.

It's also time to do a trial on the Bullard threads wrapping to my translucent fly rod blank. I am doing a spiral wrap over transparent wrapping on the hook keeper and S-108 Brass Gold on the stripper guide and other snake guide.




Bullard Silk thread 3/0 is thin and almost fussiness free. This is the first time I did not break any thread when wrapping the guide at tight tension. Compared to other brands of silk threads, I can easily break a few times during the process of guide wrapping. This silk thread is consider tough.

I do not plan to apply any color preserver on the silk thread. I would like to see how the brass gold silk thread turn out to be after epoxy..





** Please visit my classified section if you are interested to get one of this affordable fiberglass fly rod and other fly fishing gears**

No comments:

Post a Comment