Monday, June 1, 2015

7'4" Fiberglass Spinning Travellers Rod

I had this 3 section 4/5wt fiberglass blank for sometime now and not wanting to build a fly rod with it. A bit too slow for bait casting but it was just nice for a ultra light spinning rod. It would be around 3-8lbs line.

I found an old Fuji NPS spinning reel seat when I was digging through my rod building component box. Not the most favorite reel seat used here. I think they used this often for ice fishing rod.

Selected a bunch of components , some from Matagi and I had the handle assembled. Tried to make it as interesting as possible.







Used a line up of Fuji K-guides for this spinning rod.



Spigot joint



After the wrapping been epoxied.





A closer look at the decal



The rear end with ALPS butt cap



Overall view of the rod.























No comments:

Post a Comment