Friday, June 26, 2015

Salvaging and Recycling Rod Parts - Ex Golden Mean

Thanks to my friend who donated his broken Golden Mean rod to me after it broke the 2nd time. I fixed the broken front piece for him but that merely extended 8 months of its' life.

I had the guides removed from the broken rod and kept it for his future project ans I was left with the rod blank and the handle.

The EVA handle was not all the perfect as my friend really bashed or in other words, fully utilized this rod. Then again, it was still usable.

I cut off the old blank, removed the butt cap and inserted a new blank. The only blank that can fit in was the 1 piece MHX 6' 2-6lb blank.

Ta..da..... just turned a 2pc 4-10lb rod into a 1pc 2-6lb UL rod.







Black Fuji KR concept guides with 1st coat of epoxy on the thread.





Then the finishing coat.







The overall look of this partly "recycle" rod.




No comments:

Post a Comment