Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another MHX

Done this rod for a friend. This project was running concurrently with the Lamiglas casting rod but this one told me slightly longer due to the weaving.

I got most of my rod parts from Matagi.


I made a mistake on the rear EVA grip. It was 3" longer than was intended.


Fortunately, it was not epoxied. I still managed to redo it.


My friend requested me to do put a carbon woven spacer in between the rear EVA grip.


Done with the reel seat and grips. Next the weaving,....


Black base with chrome metallic thread for the alphabet.

1st coat of epoxy.


And the 2nd coat of epoxy. That should be sufficient to cover the feather inlay on the rod.
As for the guide, I used Fuji SiC for this rod.




Simple black wrapping to the guides and that finished off the rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment