Saturday, September 5, 2015

CUSTOM Slow Pitch Jigging rod MATAGISH style

This project was planned right after visiting the Angling & Outdoor Recreation Fair early May this year after seeing some nice jigging rods which was on display.

Buying one was an option... but nay... why buy when I can build one.. LOL..

The search for the blanks begun..
I found a cross wrapped saltwater blank which is just nice for a jigging rod.

Load action testing to the blank with a 230g jig.






Then it comes the fun part. Selection of rod components. 
This time around I will be using quality products from MATAGI.







and the reel seat setting.




I have selected Fuji SiC LC and LD guide series for this rod. Low rider for the lower section and heavy duty micro guide for the tip section. However I found out that the last guide was a bit too low and I have to change it to a medium height LC.






Under wrapping to the guide foot area only and not through the whole guide foot. I was trying the bling bling low for this rod and it the same time raised the guides slightly.




Complete wrapping to micro guides.


Guides layout.



The fighting butt



First coating of epoxy




Final epoxy finishes to decal  and guides





Here are the photos of the completed rod















1 comment:

  1. Hello sifu..boleh x guide saya buat rod nie.berminat nak belajar buat..
    Contact me(01.25.00.83.16) wassap..

    ReplyDelete