Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Another #EPIC story and more to come...


This another EPIC job I picked up earlier and completing it before my 4 days break to the highlands.

It' a 3 section EPIC glass, 7'6" 3wt.

A very simple built with straight cork grip and standard guides.




Stacked cork rings for the grip.



Standard snake guides and stripping guide.



The first cork grip didn't really turn out nice and I had to do another. If I cannot accept the quality of the shaping, I don't think my friend would accept it either.




The sliding band reel seat and cork grip being put together.



Wrapping of stripping guide with brown nylon thread. My friend wanted the wrappings black and I told him , no worries. It will turn black... well almost black when I am done with it.



The wrapping after epoxy.



The completed rod.













No comments:

Post a Comment