Monday, August 10, 2015

Completing the ROD

Weaving the rod (decoration) is one thing, completing it , is another thing...

Upon completing the weaving, then the reel seat comes in.



After a few layers of epoxy coating... I do not want to elaborate on the epoxy and sanding process. 



Then the guides.

I am trying a new brand of guides for this rod. Nice and cheap guides from China with SiC rings for a fraction of the price of Fuji guides.  I guess no harm trying it on ultralight rod.



Dark brown wrapping with light brown trim complimenting the colors of the rod weaving.





After epoxy.





Done, KR concept guide ultralight spinning rod.








2 comments:

  1. Hi mate!
    Could you pls send me link to this guides? i would like to put them on my rod...
    thanks a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi buddy,
      You can check this guides at:

      http://sea-guide.com/shop/model-xohg-2/

      Hope that helps.

      Delete