Thursday, May 31, 2012

St Croix ML with MATAGI components

Another St Croix blank built. This 3S63MLXF blank is rated 4~8lb and 6'3" in length.




And it will be built with Matagi components.


Handle setting out before I shape the EVA rear grip and fighting butt.

Red aluminum trim parts with carbon tube insert on ACS reel seat and carbon tube for split grip exposed blank.




Testing fitting the handle parts before I apply epoxy to assemble the components permanently.



Fully Japan Fuji SiC guides. There are 11 guides and a tip on this rod but you see only 10 here as the last one is not able to fit in the photo. My friend told me that this rod is full of rings for  a 6'3" rod...!!  Yup, how I wish I could put lesser!!

I fixed up more guides to prevent the lines from running across the blank when the rod is loaded during the ' fish fight'. Similar to the micro guide system, more micro guides are used.



A rear view





Rod decals



And the rod will be pairing with this reel....


11th June 2012, this rod went for a trial test... Peacock Bass




The real test is yet to COME..

So much for Peacock Bass,.... on the 20th June, this little rod went fighting with a few giant..... snakehead and succeeded.






What else next???





No comments:

Post a Comment