Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lamiglass SA... My LAST rod

This Lamiglas blank have been laying around on my rack for almost a month before the parts are complete for me to start working on it.

This was the last rod that I built in my old house. Just manage to finished it up before I shift to my new cave.





This was the original set up of the handle. Black gloss painted ACS reel seat with EVA split butt.
Carbon tube split handle have not been added in the earlier stage.



Workshop painted ACS.







Subsequently, the carbon tube was added in and that makes a whole lot of difference.

Next was the guides installation.


Simple black NCP thread wrapping with metallic silver trim



I tried something different on the double foot guides. Double wrapping, underlay wrapping or cushioning... or something like that. I always have trouble with those rod building jargon.



Metallic silver thread wrapping to finish off at the front of the reel seat.




Done with the guides.


And the finished rod.






THE CATCH....









No comments:

Post a Comment