Saturday, January 7, 2012

Custom GAWAS , 1st rod for 2012

It took me a year to finish this rod... literally.  : )
Started work on this rod in December 2011 and completed in January 2012.

This is my 1st time working on a Japanese brand blank. My friend wanted a spinning rod from this blank and a set of durable guides on it. Well, need not to say more.. I got him FUJI SiC guides.




He also requested for something different for the grips. Black EVA is just too common. He wanted a camouflage EVA for the split grip.

I got some of the components from Matagi.






Skull spinning reel seat from Mudhole. Here is something different for a change.

There was a slight misalignment and I have to change the hood and the screw. That is why the color of the hood of the reel seat is different in the finished rod.



Then, the guides.

Black wrapping with white trim.



Two rod decals came with the blank, in white color and black.

White decal on black rod is just too common. I went with the black decal on the black rod, of course the black decal will be on the white underlay.


White thread wrapped across the area where the decal suppose to be and have it epoxied before I put on the decal to the rod.





Another layer of epoxy is applied after the decal were fixed on to the rod and also the guide wrappings.







Completion of the "Custom GAWAS" with Matagi components.












No comments:

Post a Comment