Thursday, November 10, 2011

Finishing off my UL bamboo casting rod

This project was shelfed up on September 2011, I think it's time to complete it and put to test.

Following the style of my fly rods, I am giving it a transparent look on the guide wrapping.

Wrapped with Pearsall's Gossamer silk thread.


The wrappings are very visible before the application of the epoxy.




The effect of the wrapping after the 1st layer of epoxy. The guide foot can be clearly seen.



And, did I mentioned that I did a spiral guide placement for this rod.???
YUP....  I made this rod with a spiral guide placement. The ferrule joint of this rod is firm and tight , I should not have any problem of rod twisting during loading.





Next..............  to test this out....

2 comments:

  1. Nice rod! How does it cast and fish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the compliment.
      I have yet master this rod. Kinda slow action rod I would say.
      If I have the chance to build this rod again, I would definitely make it shorter.

      Delete