Friday, April 22, 2011

TRANSLUCENT no more....

After a few translucent yellow and translucent white fly rod, I was thinking of trying something new. Since the fiberglass fly rod blanks are unfinished, I can spray it with any colors I like. I was standing in front of a row of Krylon "FUSION" spray paints for half an hour having deep thoughts of what colors to get for this project. Finally, I brought 2 colors....

The 1st color of choice was the "sunset yellow". Yes, it was pretty yellow , I guess. This color looks similar to the LOOP rod yellow or EAGLECLAW fly rod yellow. The lines on  the ribs on the blanks are visible after spray painting on the unsanded fiberglass fly rod blank, giving sort of a nice finish effect.


On the next day, I tried the other can... and this time it's brown, ........ DARK BROWN.


This 2 fiberglass fly rod blanks are 6'6" rated at 3wt with slow action and they will be hanging in my store for awhile as I have yet to find the time to build 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment