Monday, April 12, 2010

BF Bamboo rod #2

This will be my 4th built and the 2nd one for the year 2010. It was faster this time as the rough strip were done last year. This will be another integrated bamboo ferrule bamboo rod based on Sir "D"  7' 4wt taper.
I have to modify it slightly to incorporated the swell for the bamboo ferrule and swell at butt section.




 This blank was made from bamboo from Bernam river and the power fiber of this bamboo looks promising.


Construction of the bamboo ferrule was easier this time compared to my 1st BF bamboo rod after I understood the construction concept.




 Finally, the BF bamboo rod blank #2 is completed.







2 comments:

  1. Ciao, con cosa leghi la ghiera, e che spessore ha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! I have one BF rod that I really enjoy. Seems such a logical way to build a rod. How does the rod measure under deflection compared to the same rod with metal ferrules?

    ReplyDelete