Thursday, January 7, 2010

Finishing my 2nd BOO

It took me quite awhile to figure out what thread and color to be use for this rod. Done up a few samples and finally, I just go with Gudebrod Silk Beige (832) for the wraps and trim with Gudebrod Silk Med Brown. I used Pac Bay's lite wire snake guides and a Mildrum stripper guide on this rod.



I still remembered the spiraled thread over clear white silk wrappings which I did for my Lamiglas sometime back. This design wrapping was first done by Yuhina ( Mark ) of the fiberglassflyrodders forum and then Gypsy ( another Mark ) did the same design for a friend of mine. It is kinda difficult to do this wrapping and I have yet to master it. You can still see some flaws on the spiral wraps.


I did the same for the bamboo ferrules.


It's almost done now...

... just pending a name on the rod and a final coat of varnish.

2 comments:

  1. I wish i can be ur first customer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put you in my list...
    : )
    Will make you one after I satisfied myself on the workmanship...
    It still not up to mark..

    ReplyDelete