Monday, June 5, 2017

fisheR's Custom Jigging Blank - Trident 4-5

Another personal rod...

Making myself a heavier piece for mackerel , sails and 'tong gas' on jigs. The 5 layer toray carbon X-wrap blank have a blank wall thickness of 3mm and 6'5" long.  It's not a solid blank and the diameter of the butt is roughly measured 11mm.

I used a size #17 VSS fuji  reelseat with EVA foregrip on the KDPS and ALPS double leg guides.

Setting up of the handle.




Water transfer rod decal



Under wrapping for the guides




Epoxy on the decal before starting off with the guides.




ALPS guides UP




I applied 3 epoxy coating on the wrapping. Light coating.




All dried up..



A full view of the completed rod.






I wanted to test this out on my next fishing trip... unfortunately, it was hijacked by my buddy who happens to drop by ... there goes my no #9


**( 2017 - 09 )**

No comments:

Post a Comment