Friday, March 3, 2017

MHX Medium action spiral baitcasting rod


Another full cork rear handle rod in the making. Many prefers this kinda cork handle nowadays. I don't know why... maybe it's trending now. Why not EVA? Why cork? Is it better??  For all I know, it's still a very personal preference. Some love it and some don't...

Stacked cork ready to be latch..



Testing fitting the components before putting them together.




I have to make sure that all really fits well before epoxying them together.
Normal I will do this a few times , just to be sure.



These guides are from ALPS with zirconium rings. Had no problem with them for all the rods that I have built . Spiral guide placement.


 


EVA fore grip with MHX decal in the front.



Another closer look at the handle.


 

Overall view of the handle. Very simple.




 .....and finishing it off with a big M..............Matagi butt cap




































No comments:

Post a Comment