Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fiberglass AmbeR 6'6" 2/3wt Fly Rod

This is the last piece of such blank in my keeping. I want to finish this fly rod with the standard simplest way a fly rod should be. No fancy inlays and no fancy wrapping.

Amber is the color of this fiberglass blank. It is neither orange nor yellow. Not brown either. 




The handle setup was done many months ago. This project was put on hold for my jigging rod built.

Half wells cork grip with timber insert up locking reel seat.




I prefer to use nylon threads on fly rods. I just love the effect of the threads when it is coated with epoxy.




After the wrapping was epoxy.




No decals but just hand sketch of the rod info on the rod





And to finish off this rod, the cork handle are sealed with cork seal.





and done..



No comments:

Post a Comment