Friday, May 22, 2015

Completing my 9 months old project - PacBay 6' 6-10lb

Half way done and tucked in 1 corner of the room, left unnoticed until spring cleaning. I guess it was time to have it completed and fish. Just found out that I don't have any light weight tackle and with this I hope I have all the range needed..

Trying to use up the balance of the abalone veneer left over from my previous rod project. It would be sufficient to cover the split butt section and the intermediate section between the skeleton reel seat.





The abalone overlay to the rod blank are done before any other components are fixed. A few layers of epoxy coating was applied onto the veneer.





Setting up of the handle.





ALPS micro guide setting



Matagi butt cap on the fighting butt 






The whole handle length..




The guides wrapped and epoxy







All done and ready for my next fishing trip...


















No comments:

Post a Comment