Thursday, May 22, 2014

My "Just-in-time" Vertical Jigging rod for my trip...


This trip was unplanned and I thought my light jigging rod which I built a few months ago was good enough for this trip... then I was advised to use a heavier setup.

I have less than 2 weeks to build myself another jigging rod for this upcoming trip. Going through the bunch of jigging blanks I have, I found this 2pc butt joint PE 1-3 jigging blank.

Well, let's build this up..

I used whatever suitable parts I have got and it turned out to be quite okay, I guess.

Half way job on the wrapping jig..




Glad I have this resin insert double locking nut reel seat from PacBay. I bought this reel seat quite some time ago and not sure what to do with it as it is kind of too big for normal spinning rod.




Fuji Alconite K-guide for this jigging rod wrapped in orange.







This rod is still on the drying machine when I took this photo.
A simple underwrap under the guide foot.





The completed rod...







Click here to find out about my fishing trip..

No comments:

Post a Comment