Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Refurbishment Project : Cortland FR2000



Got a request from my buddy to do another handle refurbishment.

Existing condition of the fly rod handle.



The cork grip have to go...
Found some masking tape underneath the cork grip. I believe the rod have gone thru' some sort of refurbishment some years back.



Had the blank clean up.




And had the reel seat removed to fit in the new cork grip.




The new cork grip fitted. I have to lathed the cork handle on the blank for more accurate shape to fit the reel seat.




Then the reel seat was fixed to its' original position.




Done and it looks as good as new... but received another phone call informing me that the rod click....

Got to use some tricks up my sleeves to solve that... and it was clicking no more..






No comments:

Post a Comment