Friday, January 11, 2013

Rustic 4wt Fiberglass Fly Rod

This is another fiberglass fly rod project which I have started a few months ago but only managed to complete last week.

A 7'3" 2pc 4wt fiberglass blank in rustic brown finish. Maybe because of this, they called it Rustic River. This blank has a tip over butt ferrule joint.




Cigar shaped cork grip with down locking burled wood




And this is how it looked like when assembled to the blank.



The agate stripping guide just matches the color of this blank..




The completed rod with a matching agate line guided modern vintage fly reel




2 comments:

  1. Hello from a flyrodbuilder in Norway :)
    Do you have a guide spaceshart to this rustic river 734?
    I have just getting me one.

    greetins from Norway
    torjarle82@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't quite remember but I think this is the measurement I used.
    The guide spacing chart is 4 1/2" , 9 3/4" , 15 3/4", 22 1/2" , 30" , 38 1/4" , 47 1/4" and 57"

    Guide size would be 1,1,1,2,2,2,3 and #10 agate stripping guide.

    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete