Monday, August 13, 2012

Heavy duty "QUICKIE" over the weekend.

I needed something heavier for my up coming trip up north soon but the heaviest rod I have is a 10-17lb. I need one slightly heavier than that.

While waiting for the rod components to be deliver for my other rod project,  I built this one over the weekend.

Set and shaped the handles on Friday night.




I used whatever I can find in my rod parts box. This is just one basic casting rod with EVA grips, reel seat and a guides.

The next day, after gluing up the grip and reel seat, the guides are wrapped.



Not able to find any correct sizes of the winding check for the split grip area, I finished it off with wrapping.





For the front, no fore grip. Just the FUJI winding check with wrapping thread and a hook keeper wrapping in blue.

Overall, the split grip handle look like this.




And the front...




Then for the epoxy..





The next day...







No butt cap for this rod, just a butt plug. I guess it don't look too ugly after all.






No comments:

Post a Comment