Thursday, June 28, 2012

The LAMI that was nearly left OUT

I was clearing and sorting out some photos of the rods I have made then I realised I missed this out.  This project photos was kept in a separate folder.

This is the 2nd rod I built for Faizal. The 6'6" 2 pc blank is from Lamiglas rated at 4-10lb.


Starting off with the foregrip. KDPS quick lock with an aluminum spacer from Matagi and finished off with 1" cork foregrip.



I normally apply a few coats of U-40 Cork Seal to all the cork handles and grip on those rods that I built.

A simple protective coating will extend the lifespan of the cork handles and it will be also for ease of maintenance.



Rear grip and fighting butt with the aluminum deco butt cap was test fitted before it was epoxied.



Local custom gloss black painted Fuji ECS reel seat were used. I finished off the front of the reel seat with Fuji graphite winding check.



Fixing up the handles and foregrip before I start wrapping up the guides.



Another angle of the rod handle.



The last guide from the top was a size#10.

 

There are 11 guides on the rod , that is excluding the top. All are single foot guide except for the last 3 guides.









No comments:

Post a Comment