Thursday, March 31, 2011

The "BLACKS" and the "FEATHERED"...

Almost done with the down locking fore grip rods..



Now, I just have another 2 more to complete. Since this rod does not have any fore grip, I thought of adding feather inlays to make it more interesting. Feather inlay.. or I like to call it "feathering"... is not uncommon to rod builders in US.  They do fantastic feather inlays to their rods.  Well, some people loves it but some find it over doing..


It looks plain above the winding check. Even if I write the rod information at that area , it still looks plain.
I don't do weaving wraps , it's just too complicated for me. The next best thing to do is to do a simple feather inlay.

I wanted to use some jungle cock feather for the inlay and to make it 'stand out' from the matte black rod, I have to a chrome color thread under wrap.












Now, I just need to give it a few coat of epoxy....

No comments:

Post a Comment