Monday, February 21, 2011

Getting back to my white translucent blank...

I remember seeing  a white translucent rod with transparent wrapping and a single line trimming between the foot of the snake guide on the internet sometime back, but I couldn't locate that web page, even on Google.

I am just going to that..

I was out of Pearsall's Gossamer 'white' silk thread a few weeks back and I thought of using other white threads. I tried Gudebrod 'white' silk and YLI 'white' silk on the blank and the transparent effect I got from those threads are not what I expected it to be. Personally, Pearsall's Gossamer 'white' silk thread still gives me the best transparent wrapping effect.

Spiral wrap before a thinned coat of epoxy is apply on to the wrapping

After the Pearsall's Gossamer 'white' silk thread come in contact with the thinned epoxy, it turned translucent.

The hook keeper foot can be cleared seen.






A thinned epoxy at a ratio of 6:4 was applied to all the wrappings. Next another thin layer of epoxy should finish the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment