Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Experimenting with spiral guide

I have done some reading on building casting rod and the deflection of each rods are different based on the stiffness of the blanks. Since the fiberglass blank is on the soft side, it would be safer to fix spiral guides on it so that the line would not touch the blank when bending.



I placed the guide on the inner side of the spine as if I am doing the spinning rod and slowly adjusting the lower guide to the other side of the blank, so that the line from the reel will gradually turn following the guides.



I wrapped the guide foot with masking tapes and securing it with some cotton thread before the rod was subjected to a static loading test.

It worked as what was stated in the internet. Great bending action without line touching the blank.

Next, I have to remove all the cotton thread and do some readjustment to the guides before wrapping it........

No comments:

Post a Comment